Thursday, October 2, 2008

IELTS speaking sentence form 01

It’s difficult to say what/where/why/how.
That’s difficult to answer, but maybe…
How shall I put it, let me think for a second…
That’s an interesting question… let me see. Well, I suppose that…
It’s/that’s a big/complex/controversial/complicated issue/problem/topic.
More and more people in Hong Kong are…
The … problem is getting more and more … in Hong Kong have/has been going through some big changes.
…are increasing / falling rapidly …
Well, I’m no expert, but I guess…
What are the important trends? I’ve never thought about it, but I guess…
The number of … has risen dramatically over the last few years.
Yes … plays a big role in our lives.
Yes, I think it’s an important issue for us in Hong Kong
Yes, I’ve personally experienced … while …
Maybe I can answer this by telling you about a personal experience I had.
Probably the main reason … is because …
The best reason I can think of for … is …
I’m not sure, but from my own observation, I’d say that… because.
I’m not too familiar with … but I think …
If I had to say what the biggest impact of … is on, I’d say I was…
In my opinion,
From my point of view, I think…
The … is a good example.
Personally, I think…
But frankly I think …
I can give you one example of …
To solve this problem I think we should …
Negative effects
There are two sides to this issue. On the one hand… on the other hand…
This issue is complex. On the one hand people say… but one the other hand…
There are many advantages and disadvantages to …
The main advantage of … is that … The disadvantage is …
The strengths of … are … but the weakness is …
The positive side of … is …, but the darker side of it is that …
The benefits of … are … but the challenges are …
The difference between … is that … is more … while … is more…
There are some key differences between … and …
Yes, there are quite a few differences between … and … A good example is …
As far as I’m concerned, the …
I prefer to …
I’d rather …
As I see it …
I’m more attracted to …
It seems to me that …
My view is that …
I’m more interesting in …
I’m fond of …
Be diligent
Be neat and tidy
Be patient
Be aggressive
Be innovative

No comments: